Wednesday, April 13, 2011

As Dead As You Can Get

Finally :)  I got to go to the Dead Sea! :)  It all started on Monday, April 10th.  We had gotten home from climbing Masada and cleaned up and were packing up to leave.  Once all of us were ready, we drove off for a  minute ride to a beach where we were to swim in the Dead Sea. :)  It was hard to get ready.  I didn't...well, I got all the way to the desert and I realized I didn't have a bathing suit!  So anyway, there was this souvenir shop and it didn't open untill 11:00 and so we had to wait.  Grammy, Papa, Jonah and my dad got to go in while my mom and I went to look for a bathing suit and find a bathroom.  When we got back I had on a bathing top and my shorts.  I had to go in in my shorts.  I was worried about some cuts that I had because I heard that going into the Dead Sea :) with cuts could hurt you.  It was also smart to wear shoes in the Dead Sea :) or else the rocks would hurt your feet.  So I stepped into the Dead Sea :) and my feet didn't hurt at all.  The water felt nice because it was a hot day.  I stood in the water for about 5 minutes and got used to it.  Then, just when I thought I would turn back and get out of the water, {I was a little bit scared} my dad showed me how to float on your back.  The water pushes you up because the water is about 33% salt.  Anyway, the water was up to my shorts now and I figured I might as well do it.  I was this close and I couldn't turn back then.  So I got in and I was pushed up by the water and it felt sooooo weird!  My dad held on to me so I wouldn't float away!  In the end I convinced him that he could let go of me and if I started to float away, he could grab me.  This is how awesome it was!





    It was soooo fun!  I wasn't so comfortable after but you've got to remember, don't get thirsty in the Dead Sea!
P.S. in the last picture, I wasn't crying, I was having a good time!

2 comments:

  1. You did awesoeme in the Dead Sea :) self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liana,
    I'm so glad that you got to float in the Dead Sea. I'm going to send you a picture of Uncle Jerry and me floating in the Dead Sea. The water was really hot when we were there.
    Love, Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete