Thursday, June 2, 2011

Desert Fun, Under a Hot Sun

Hi!  I'm REALLY ecxited to tell you about this next trip.  Do you remember, I was going to split this week trip into two.  So, here's the second half.  After our one night in Jerusalem, we packed up again and drove a three hour drive down to a Kibbutz called Kibbutz Lotan.  A Kibbutz is a hamlet sort of thing.  There are small buildings and each building has two rooms and one family shares a room.  There is a pool and a dining hall.  Just like a regular town, except about two times smaller.  So, the day we arrived at Lotan, we swam in the pool and had dinner there.  The next day, we got into our car and drove down to........................... EILAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was so excited!  We'd been in the desert before, but there was no desert that I'd ever been to that was that hot!  Luckily, we had lots of water and could get more if we wanted.  So, we made our way into the Dolphin Reef and looked around.  There was a beach, restaurants, and souvenir shops.  There were also changing rooms for people who were to go scuba diving.  Near the beach there was a pier.  It was out in the water.  You walked on it and sat down, and, if you wanted to, put your feet in.  There were dolphins everywhere!  Sometimes they would hop out of the water and splash down.  Sometimes only their back fins showed, and they looked like sharks.  Let me show you!


It was amazing.  Sometimes, a dolphin would swim right under my feet!  But it wouldn't touch them.  Experts, who work there of course, fed the dolphins and I got to see it up close!  Here, they look amazing!








Aren't they beautiful?  I stayed on the pier for most of the time we were there.  I also went swimming for a moment.  Here comes some big news...my mom, my mom, went scuba diving!!!!!!!!!  MY mom!  It was so exciting.  She got into this heavy suit and tank, oh, I can't bring myself to explain, you'll just have to look!



When you go scuba diving in Eilat, you're not allowed to touch the dolphins.  You're only allowed to if they come up to you at the pier.  The dolphins will only come up to you in scuba diving if they have a relationship with the guide.  Unfortunately, I was not allowed to go scuba diving.  See, I have asthma, and you're not supposed to go scuba diving if you have asthma.  The moment my mom said that I had a very small amount of asthma, they said asoor,  or not allowed.  I could have gone snorkling, but I didn't.  After lunch, I ventured out of the beach and watched the peacocks and roosters.  Then I saw him.  I saw a male peacock with its feathers stretched out wide.  It was absolutely beautiful!  I watched it until it put its feathers down.  I have to apologize, I didn't have my dad's iphone with me so I didn't get a picture.  I had an amazing time in Eilat!  I want to show you some more pictures before we part.







Wow!  I almost forgot!  Here are some pics of Lotan!




No comments:

Post a Comment