Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Sudden Solo

So.......A couple weeks back, I was in a presentation with my choir at school for a special day called Yom Hashoah, the day of rememberance for the Holocaust.  The Holocaust for the Jewish people.  My choir was going to sing a song called 'Eli, Eli,' which means, 'Oh Lord my God'.  The words to the song go like this{in English}: 'Oh Lord, my God, I pray that these things never end:  The sand and the sea.  The rush of the water, the crash of the heavens, the prayer of the heart.  The sand and the sea, the rush of the water.  The crash of the heavens, the prayer of the heart.'  The day before the performance was a choir day.  Straight off, since my mom had told the teacher that I knew the words to 'Eli, Eli' in English, the choir teacher asked me to sing 'Eli, Eli' as a solo the next day.  IN ENGLISH!  I didn't want to at first, but I did anyway and I didn't say anything.  So the next day, I got up in front of the microphone and sang: 

It felt like I was back home, in freelance,singing untill my heart hurt.
(couldn't get a video of my solo working, don't have pictures, sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment