Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Can Shoot You But You Can't Shoot Me

Okay, I first want to say that some of the next posts aren't going to have pictures.  :(  Sorry, but I think it'll be cool for me to explain instead of pictures.  So let's get on with it.  I went on a walk with sort of a bird's-eye-view of the old city.  Its called the Ramparts Walk.  I'm really sorry we don't have pictures for this.  It was all outside and it was beautiful!  There were holes in the wall every once in a while and some of them were small and skinny and some weren't covered in with rock at the top but you could see through.  The small and skinny ones I called 'I can shoot you but you can't shoot me's' because the ramparts were used when the Jews were fighting against different enemies at different times.  You could look out one of the open holes and watch your enemy and if they were throwing a rock up to hit somebody you could duck out of sight and not get hit by whatever it was that they  had thrown or blasted up.  The small and skinny ones were used to aim something at the people below you and they could throw whatever it was through the hole but not get hit with anything from the bottom coming up.  It was cool and that's about it.  It was also a burning hot day but beautiful.  Well, see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment