Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Sky Town

It's me again, with more things to talk about!  I mentioned a place in Israel in the posts: Candles, Candles, and More Candles, The Kinneret: Visit and Guest-house, and now, in The Sky Town!  That place that I mentioned is called Safed, {tzfat}, just to re-fresh your memory.  It is what I call the town in the sky.  We left the Sea of Galilee guest-house, with my grandparents, and drove through the clouds and up a hill into Safed {tzfat}.  There, we visited the Artist Colony and met an artist, went to Safed Candles, which I explained about in Candles, Candles, and More Candles.  We also walked a ton and it was drizzling a bit so we had on our rain coats and some of us had umbrellas.  Picture time!

I'm now going to show you some pictures of us near the Artist Gallery.
The door behind us, the one with the random man in it, that is the entrance to an art gallery.  All the art in the gallery was created by artists that lived here, or still live here.  There were amazing pictures and sculptures.  One of the sculptures was called: The Hope.  It was of an Israeli woman holding up a baby.  A baby in Hebrew is called a tinoke.  Anyway, we walked everywhere and I can tell you, there are about a million stairs there.  Let me show you some more pictures:


We also visited a temple and I really liked it.  Its still used.  It was pretty cool.  Let me show it to you:



                                    I need to tell you, before I go, Safed was an amazing place!

No comments:

Post a Comment