Friday, February 25, 2011

Touching God

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got to go to the Old City for the second time in my life and... Well, let me start from the beginning.  We have a short day on Tuesday and when Jonah and I came home from school, we asked, "Can we go to the Old City?"  Mommy and Daddy said we could and so first Jonah and I made little prayers. We put them in our pockets and started on our way.  We took a bus down to the Old City of Jerusalem.  Bus is 'otoboos' in Hebrew.  Any way, when we got to the Old City Jonah and I raced down a REALLY long ramp and then waited up for mom and dad.  We walked through Jaffa Gate and... Well, let's just get to the point.  We walked all the way to the Western Wall and parted.  Jonah and my dad on the men's side and ME and my mom on the women's side.  With my hand in my pocket making sure my prayer was still there, I waited quietly for my turn at the wall.  When I was standing near the wall, and I mean looking at thousands of tiny pieces of paper, I reached out my hand and TOUCHED the most holy place in Israel.  The place where a lot of people #1 go to pray and cry and #2 to be with God.  A lot of people believe that that is the place where God is.  I slowly pulled out my prayer and stuck it in the wall.  I was close to tears myself.  I wanted soooooooooooo much for my friends to be with me.  I've done it!  I said to myself.  I've touched the Western Wall.  I was sooo exited.  I TOUCHED the most holy place in Jerusalem.  It felt amazing to be in God's presence.

 


3 comments:

  1. wow that must've been so awesome!! I wanted to let you know that I finished the 7th Harry Potter and yesterday I saw the movie! I'm obsessed! I'm soo excited for the next movie to come out, but I will be at camp. Love Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liana,
    Thanks for sharing that exciting moment with us. You made us feel like we were right there at the Wall with you.
    Love, Aunt Jo and Uncle Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liana,
    I am so excited to see that you are having such wonderful moments in Israel! Your writing and photos make me feel like I am almost there and I can feel your excitement. I have a question for you. Yom Chugim is coming up for your classmates in early April and we will really miss you. But guess what. The theme is Israel and I am wondering if I can share some of your blog with the students and teachers. If you would rather not, that is quite okay. And if would like to share, well then, you will be with us that day. Mom and Dad know how to reach me at temple so you can let me know. Great to "see" you! Sandy W.

    ReplyDelete