Friday, February 11, 2011

Stalactite and Stalagmite Wonders



I went to a cave called the Soreq Cave and that was the first time I'd ever been in a cave so it was new to me.  Inside was hot and sticky.  That morning I was foolish enough to put on a long-sleeve shirt because I thought it would be cool in the cave so I was as hot as the sun after those first few minutes inside.  Unfortunately the tour was in Hebrew but... we watched a video before entering the cave and the guy givivng us the tour put on English sub-titles so that Jonah and I could understand.  There were other people going on the same tour as us.  It's not like we got our own private tour. There was a stalactite and stalagmite called 'dissapointed love' because in between a stalagmite and stalactite there is an inch, no maybe even less than an inch of space between them when all the action there...........stops and the stalactite and stalagmite never meet.  If you look closely at one of the pictures you can see a witch that was formed there over thousands of years.  I had a lot of fun at the Soreq Cave--Liana

8 comments:

  1. Liana,

    I know we don't know each other very well, but I am following your blog! That cave is so cool!! I'm so excited to read about your adventures on your blog. Have a wonderful time in Israel and give your family lots of hugs for me. Give one to yourself too!
    Laura Century

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love witches! And I've never met one so I'm really scared. (That was Mia's comment on your post...) We think it's super cool that you are doing your own blog! I am so impressed by your writing. Make sure you share it with Ms. Dreyfus (she's your teacher, right?) because I am sure she will love to see all the descriptive writing you are doing! :) (Is it obvious that I am a teacher too. ;)?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liana! I LOVE your blog! I was at the edge of my seat reading every word.....And I was with you at both places!

    Love....Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liana.. Your blog is great and very detailed! I love that I will be able to follow all of your fantastic adventures. Love you tons, Auntie Liza :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Liana it's Emilie! I love your pictures and descriptions of each place you have visited. It looks like you are having an awesome time! I'm already on page 289 of the 7th Harry Potter book, and Olivia and I have seen movies 1-6! They're so good! I can't wait to talk about them with you! I miss you! Love Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liana,
    Uncle Jerry and I are soooo jealous that you've already held Matar, and visited with "super cousin and wife." Lucky you! We love following your blog - you're a great writer.
    Hugs to the whole family, Love, Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liana,
    What wonderful descriptions of your magical experiences! I ALMOST feel like I am right there with you! You indeed look very grown up and confident holding Matar. It is not so easy to do as babies are usually pretty squirmy! I am so excited to be following your blog and to be reading about the sights and sounds in Israel.
    We send our love to you, Jonah, Mommy and Daddy.
    Jane, Ken, Dan (remember him from the Camp Grossman bus?) and Jacob Spigle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liana,
    It was so great to read your blog and see the pictures that you posted. I also read your mother's blog. Wow, you are having such an amazing experience - one that you will remember your entire life. I especially loved reading about your experience at the wall. I could tell that you felt very close to God and that you felt his presence in your heart. I have felt that feeling also. It is the best feeling in the world. It makes me feel warm and secure and loved - and it makes me want to love and serve the people around me. I cannot stand by the wall but I can find God's love in other places, people, and things. One way for me to feel close to God is to listen to, sing, or play beautiful music. I love my job because I get to share my love of music with other's and teach them how they can make it a part of their life too. I'm glad that you are one of my piano students. Until your next blog post, bye bye. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete